Taking care of ourselves can be expensive. If you're looking to upgrade your personal care and add in some high-tech, Lovd is the right place to look. Buying used personal care electronics in New York saves money and makes your personal care routine more sustainable.
Check out some of our best personal care products from smart watches to sleep aids and blenders to make that healthy green juice. The best part? We'll deliver them right to your door in New York City.
Why personal care is important
Personal care feels like a luxury, but it shouldn't be.
Engaging in a self-care routine has been clinically proven to reduce or eliminate anxiety and depression, reduce stress, improve concentration, minimize frustration and anger, increase happiness, improve energy, and more.
Self care or personal care has different definitions for everyone. Maybe to you it means getting a better night's sleep with a Dodow sleep aid device but for someone else it means using an Apple watch to monitor their heart rate and help with anxiety. Self care is an important part of our daily lives and that can mean adding exercise or stretching to your daily routine, increasing the amount of fruits or veggies in your diet, taking time to meditate, talking with a therapist, or just taking the time to read your favorite book and get some sun throughout your day.
How does tech help with self care
You don't need tech to take care of yourself or add personal care time into your daily routine, but tech can help take your self care to the next level or keep your goals on track.
Smart watches and personal care
As our watches get smarter, they can track health vitals like heart rate, blood oxygen level, movement, exercises, and more. For some people, the fitness tracker helps keep them motivated to reach their personal fitness goals or their stand goal for the day. For others, the vitals tracking might provide peace of mind or help them reach a resting heart rate goal.
Check out smart watches on Lovd.
Fitness machines and self care
Exercise is a big part of self care. Simply taking a daily walk can improve your mood and heart health. If you work from home or in a corporate setting, having a small fitness machine under your desk can help you incorporate movement throughout the day and improve your circulation.
And if you work out on a regular basis, a foam roller or massage device can loosen your tense muscles and aid in the breakdown and rebuilding process.
A healthier kitchen
When you're looking to make a change in the kitchen, shopping for used electronics on Lovd can make it far more affordable.
A blender can be the perfect way to add more veggies to your diet (when blended with fruit, you can hardly taste them!). A Ninja Foodi 8QT multi-cooker is a great way to easily meal prep with healthy dinners compared to picking up fast food on the way home from a long day at work. Or maybe you've decided to get more serious about what ingredients go into your food and you want to make your own with a KBS 17-in-1 Bread Maker.
Eating healthy looks different for everyone, and we're not nutrition experts here at Lovd. Our goal is to help you find the kitchen tech you need to achieve your personal care goals.
5 ways tech can support your self care
- You can set reminders on your phone, laptop, or smart watch for self care. It's easy to get distracted and forget to practice yoga, take your daily walk, or drink enough water. Setting reminders is a great way to nudge yourself towards those daily goals.
- Ditch your phone for your smart watch when you can. Smart watches are more difficult to use for doom scrolling or spending hours on social media, but you can stay lightly connected through texting so you don't feel anxious. They can also be great for setting reminders.
- There are a lot of apps designed to help you understand your feelings or track your daily anxieties. These apps can be really helpful for those of us who can't seem to keep up with daily journaling. Apps like Headspace, Calm, and Meditation Game are popular options for adding self care into your daily routine.
- Lamps that mimic natural sunlight can be great for those of us who spend a lot of time indoors or to help with seasonal depression. For many of us, that loud alarm causes us to wake up in an irritated mood, but a sunlight lamp provides a natural, calmer way of waking up.
- Tracking your exercise and vitals. You can set daily or weekly goals for activity on your smart watch or phone and have reminders to keep you on track. These goals can be helpful so you feel like you're working towards something achievable. And, tracking your vitals can help you and your doctor monitor your health. You can see how your exercise and meditation is impacting your heart rate, heart rate variability, and more.
Check out the latest used tech on Lovd and find what electronics can help you reach your self care goals.