Your pre-Lovd Windows PC could be worth some cash if you sell it on a local used goods marketplace, but remember to wipe your personal data before listing it for sale. It's important to factory reset your PC so that the buyer doesn't have access to your personal data and receives the device in a blank state.
When you're ready to sell and need to reset your PC, sell with Lovd and our team will do the work for you or follow the simple steps below to reset your Windows computer.
Remember to back up your PC before following the steps to factory reset your computer to prevent losing important photos, documents, and data.
Reset Windows 8.1 PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen or if you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down.
- Tap Settings
- Tap Change PC settings
- Tap Update and recovery
- Tap Recovery
- Navigate to Remove everything and reinstall Windows
- Tap Get Started
- Follow the instructions that pop up on the screen
Make sure you select to erase data thoroughly and not quickly so that the data is fully erased. This option makes it less likely that anyone could recover the erased data.
Factory reset on Windows 10 or Windows 11
- Click Settings from the Start menu
- Click Updates and Security
- Click Recovery
- Navigate to Reset this PC
- Click Get Started
- Click Remove Everything
- Choose to completely wipe the drive
- Confirm that you want to reset the PC